[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Docbook

Karen Collier kcollier at kent.lib.md.us
Wed Jul 21 15:30:07 EDT 2010

Robert,

This is awesome! Thanks for setting up and organizing the repository and putting together the sample documents. It's great to have a central place to look and see our collective progress. I've made links from the main DIG page within the wiki (http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:dig) to the document in progress you've put together.

Everybody should take a look and see if you have any pieces ready to be converted to Docbook and added to the repository. :)

I'm working on some content for the Introduction part. I'll send that along to the list soon.

Thanks,
Karen

----- "Robert Soulliere" <robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with DocBook for a few days. I want to thank Jeremy and SITKA for letting me use their stylesheets and processing tools which saved me a ton of time.

I produced an experimental docbook document I placed on our test server at Mohawk College. You can take a look at:

http://libdog.mohawkcollege.ca/evergreen_documentation/draft/html/index.html

A link to the pdf version is available at the bottom right corner of each page.

Just a few notes about how DocBook works.

The Table of contents is auto-generated based on the chapters. As we add new chapters in the form of XML files and include them in the root.xml file, they will appear in the TOC. Moreover, they will be automatically numbered.

The index in the Appendices section is also auto-generated. To add a term to the index use the <indexterm> DocBook element

see: http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/indexterm.singular.html for more details.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to help out in the DocBook XML conversion and would like some recommended readings to get started, let me know.

I also added a new github repository for documentation at:

http://github.com/rsoulliere/Evergreen-DocBook

This is not forked from any evergreen repositories, but might serve as a temporary DocBook repository until we find a permanent repository home. I will add the contributors to my other repository to this one as well.

Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions for a different server for the DocBook documentatin or for the repository, or if everyone is OK with this setup for now?

Thanks,

Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.

Karen Collier
Public Services Librarian
Kent County Public Library