[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] ***SPAM*** RE: ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Docbook

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Mon Jun 7 10:47:45 EDT 2010

Hi Lori,

I think the best starting place for  getting involved is:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:dig_participation
I think the most important part is getting in touch with the folks who are working on a specific part you are interested in.

For how the pieces work together. I think it will go something like this:
1) Content contributors submit documentation to the DIG for a particular chapter, including any images used in his/her chapter.
2) Documentation is tested and converted to DocBook XML
4) XML file is added to repository
5) DocBook chapter is added to/included in the root.xml file to be published with the larger work.
6) The DocBook XML files are  processed as HTML and PDF files for human consumption. The XML stylesheets and html CSS files are very critical here for formatting.
7) Documentation is tested and improved...

For a greater understand of DocBook, I think a good start is the SITKA Docbook reference at:
http://coconut.pines.bclibrary.ca:21080/docbook/Style/draft/html/ch01.html

These have some of the most commonly used elements.  The elements link to:
http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/ which, as its title says, is the definitive guide for DocBook.

The definitive source for information on DocBook XSL stylesheets is found at:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html

At some point we should have a DocBook XML template perhaps for those interested in creating DocBook documents?

Thanks,
Robert