[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: Forming Teams by Topic

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed May 19 19:11:52 EDT 2010

*Ah, is this question for me?  If they're front-line for this and are
**already putting the files into an Evergreen instance, perhaps they
**could expose that system to others.  That'd save me from having to
**update **acq.open-ils.org* <http://acq.open-ils.org/>* (or some other
trunk server) very often (or
**figuring out how to automate it)

*

If that entails extra work for them as they are trying to deliver their
training, I don't think it would work.  But I'm not clear on what "exposing
that system to others" entails.  I intuitively suspect it isn't a good idea
for them at this time.  The KCLS goal is to get help documentation in there
that works for them and even though I trust they are trying to be
installation agnostic, I really doubt they can be with go-live coming up so
soon.

*One thing we could do is have the html files on whatever test system*
*we use have nothing but meta-refresh tags to wiki pages.  Then every*
*now and then the DIG'ers bless some version of that content to put*
*into the actual source repository (trunk, and stable branches once the*
*context-help feature becomes stable).*

This I like!  But I'm thinking the test system being used should be
dedicated to this purpose.  Let me know if I'm wrong about that....I think
I'm following but maybe not.

Lori