[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Holds Functionality Documentation

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Fri Oct 22 12:26:02 EDT 2010

Hi Robert,

In the IRC today, there was a big discussion about hold functionality
with regards to boundaries setup, etc.  Someone asked if the current DIG
documentation covered it.  I checked with the outline for 1.6 but only
found hold functionality being expressed as a portion of the "Key
Concepts" that I volunteered to write for.

This got me thinking, the Key Concepts chapter is going to end up being
pretty huge.  I'm suggesting to break up the portions of the Key
Concepts into various sections to spread out the load.  Or we set up
more in-depth explanation of hold functionality as a part of the Hold
Policy Configuration section of Local Administration (which I also note
is missing from the Documentation outline and draft).

Will do my best with what I can see once I get cron jobs documentation
under control.  Following your suggestions there.

Regards,

Ben Shum