[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] documenting minor changes to our toolchain

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Sep 2 15:33:15 EDT 2010

Thanks Steve,

Keeping style notes will be extremely important.

I create a directory for the stylesheets I have been working with:
http://github.com/rsoulliere/Evergreen-DocBook/tree/master/stylesheets/
These stylesheets are actually slightly modified stylesheets from SITKA. We definitely need to make a note of that in our acknowledgements and credits section. I have been experimenting with them for a while on the test server but should have shared them a while ago. I think they already have formatting for links in the PDF version (green underlined). Steve, maybe you could download the styles sheets and experiment on your server?
-the version of the base docbook stylesheets might be  outdated (docbook-xsl-1.75.2) I haven't had a chance to update them.

Note that I placed this outside of the 1.6 directory. It might be a good idea to keep stylesheets and notes outside of the version directories since these notes and style sheets will be outside of the content versions. e.g. The  same style notes will be important for version 1.6 and 2.0. I wonder if we could name the "docbook" directory "style notes" or "processing notes"

The structure could look like:

Evergreen DocBook
- Stylesheets
- tools  (e.g. scripts for processing and autodoc etc...)
- style notes or processing notes?
- 1.6
- 2.0

Not sure if we need a folder for called "content" to store the version subfolders? What do repository orgainzation experts think?

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Robert