[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] documenting minor changes to our toolchain

steve sheppard ssheps at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 16:52:25 EDT 2010

Robert,

> ...Steve, maybe you could download the styles sheets and experiment on
your server?

I just did that, updated my own "draft.sh" script to match, then re-ran my
document build.
Yup, now I see green links for <link>s and <ulink>s.

Very handy, localizing all rendering changes in one master file
"evergreen_fo.xsl". Now that I see it, I much prefer your method to my
(naive) approach of poking around in the innards of DocBook and FO. This
whole little outing was just a way to familiarize myself with rendering
mods. Forthwith, I will use your method.

> -the version of the base docbook stylesheets might be outdated
> (docbook-xsl-1.75.2) I haven't had a chance to update them.

No, that appears to be the latest version available at "
http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook" so you're okay.

> The structure could look like:
> Evergreen DocBook
> - Stylesheets
> - tools  (e.g. scripts for processing and autodoc etc...)
> - style notes or processing notes?
> - 1.6
> - 2.0

I like that setup, very straightforward. I agree that it's a good idea to
keep such stylesheets & notes outside the version directories since they are
logically outside that structure. AND it anticipates the release of 2.0,
very important!

By the way, I don't necessarily want to keep my temporary DocBook patches in
"GITHUB//1.6/docbook" at all. I just put them out for group review and
assumed they would be renamed / moved / deleted when they outlived their
usefulness. If you want to keep them and rename them "style notes" or
"processing notes", it's fine by me.

Cheers!
--steve