[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DIG Hackfest Questions

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue Apr 19 10:54:01 EDT 2011

Karen,

I set up a test stream this morning for my own testing purposes. In
the past I had attended streams, but this is my first time creating
one. Here is what I can asses so far...

- When someone first connects to the stream they will be shown a 30
second commercial, and then the live stream will kick in. There will
also be Youtube style "see-thru" footer ads occasionally while the
stream is running. For the record,  it appears that to remove the adds
we would have to pay $99 a month.

- If viewers want to chat with us, they will have to create a ustream
login right before they can post to the chat room dedicated to my
ustream channel's "show/broadcast".

Btw, my laptop's microphone might not work so well in a large
conference room. I can try to do another test in a much larger space,
but I might not have the time before the conference. I might be able
to try it out in a medium sized room.

Email me directly if you want to try out the live stream I am running
today so you can see the service for yourself.

Let me know what you guys think,
Yamil