[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Newbie introduction

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Apr 21 10:54:20 EDT 2011

This is due to inadvertent Canadianization of the documentation. Quite a few of us contributors are Canadian. Although we try to use the US spelling, our Canadian natural tendencies sometimes leak into the documentation. Also, much of the documentation  has originated from SITKA Documentation (from British Columbia).

Perhaps "catalogue" could be made the official spelling for the following reasons:

1)  Documentation web server is physically located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  (Inside Canadian territory)
2)  It seems that "catalogue" could also be acceptable spelling in the US. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style_%28spelling%29

Or perhaps we could have a vote during the DIG meeting at the conference? (Canadians, British, Australian and other Commonwealth citizens please attend in large numbers).;-)

Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian
Mohawk College Library