[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DIG Meeting Follow-up

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Aug 30 15:15:47 EDT 2011

HI All,

Regarding a test server.  We've been trying to provide a test server
environment with Brian's efforts.  Currently, I guess it is really more of a
demo server but without too much effort, we could probably set up 2.1
instances for libraries to use for their own testing.  Brian has the servers
on the Amazon cloud so we could build VM instances there.

We'd probably have to charge a fee to set up a dedicated image of 2.1 that a
library could use for a period of time.  Brian could be available to reset
it if someone wanted to start all over as part of their testing and he could
provide some limited tech support.  But the concept would be, your library
could have access to their own system so you could load data and test
settings without having to worry that another person would come in and undo
everything you set up.

Is this of interest?  And if so, how do you see DIG being involved?  And
also, what could libraries pay (e.g. per month) for having us set this up
and maintain it for them....$500/month?

Lori