[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] documented developmnt

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Feb 8 17:37:35 EST 2011

Kathy,

I like where you are going with this statement:

"I'm thinking the new content coordinator roles would need to include
keeping on top of what enhancements have been added to the system and what
needs documentation <and> It would be nice if there were a centralized place
where we could see what new development is in the works."

And as you note, the Web team has talked about this at various times and we
continue to talk about it. It seems to me that we need a person who is
tasked with keeping track of features/enhancement desires, development
projects, and documentation related to anything that is ultimately
committed.  At the very least, we need to have a place/system where these
things all come together and some somebodies who are trying to help keep
track of it all.

Our goal is put together a website plan that addresses this need but if
anyone has more to say about what is needed, I'd love to hear it so we can
put it in the hopper.  Fully formed solutions to the problem are also
welcome.   ;)

Lori

--

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

 <Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling