[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] missing info install on Debian Squeeze

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Feb 15 10:48:52 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 03:19:24PM -0500, Sue Hopkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the right list to send this to. I have been using the
> documentation for Install Evergreen 2.0 on Debian Squeeze.  I have found
> that there are two steps missing in order to get Evergreen to run.
> After step IV, as the opensrf user you need to cd
> /home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-2.0.1  then you must run autogen.sh
> ./autogen.sh before the you can configure and compile Evergreen.  Also
> sometime after you set the STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID (step VI) you need to
> fetch, extract and copy the files from the dojo tool-kit.
>
> 1)        wget
> http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.3.3/dojo-release-1.3.3.tar.gz
>
> 2)      tar - -C /openils/var/web/js - -xzf dojo-release-1.3.3.tar.gz
>
> 3)      cp - -r /openils/var/web/js/dojo-release-1.3.3/*
> /openils/var/web/js/dojo/.

Hi Sue:

Those steps (autogen.sh and downloading/untarring Dojo Toolkit) should
only be required if you're building Evergreen from a Subversion
checkout rather than a tarball (per the "Developer instructions" in the
README in the root of the Evergreen source directory).

If you needed to follow those steps for the 2.0.1 tarball, then perhaps
something was wrong in the packaging.

Dan