[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Serials Documenation

Sally Fortin sfortin at esilibrary.com
Mon Feb 27 21:02:33 EST 2012

Hi Tim,

Thanks for updating the documentation.  I think it's a good idea to
upgrade the Serials documentation, and I agree that there is some
redundancy in the ACSV  documentation in Chapter 4 and the ACSV tutorial
in Chapter 5.  However, the Alternate Serial Control View link in
Chapter 4 is aimed at thoroughly documenting the pieces of ACSV while
the tutorial in Chapter 5 is aimed at illustrating a serials workflow
using ACSV.  Rather than removing the link completely from Chapter 4,
could we move the link to Chapter 5, so that the documentation and the
tutorial would coexist in Chapter 5?

Thanks,
Sally

On 2/27/2012 11:44 AM, Tim Spindler wrote:
> I have gone through the serials documentation for 2.0.  I think in
> general chapter 4 can be moved up but there is something odd I never
> noticed before.  We have Chapter 4 which includes a line for the
> Alternate Serials Control View and then there is Chapter 5 which is
> about the Alternate Serials Control View.  I think the line for
> alternate serials control view can be removed under chapter 4 and just
> use Chapter 5.
>

> *
> *
>
> --
>
> Tim Spindler
>
> Manager of Library Applications
>
> tspindler at cwmars.org <mailto:tspindler at cwmars.org>
>
> 508-755-3323 x20
>
> C/W MARS, Inc.
>
> 67 Millbrook St, Suite 201
>
> Worcester, MA 01606
> http://www.cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>
>
> *P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless
> it's really necessary.*

Sally Fortin
Director of Education
Equinox Software Inc. / Your Library's Guide to Open Source
Tel:    770-709-5572
Email:  sfortin at esilibrary.com
Fax:    1-866-497-6390