[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] release notes 2.2

James Keenan jkeenan at cwmars.org
Mon Jul 23 14:31:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

I found this paragraph in the release notes for version 2.2.0 and I'm not sure what "proscribed" is supposed to mean here. (Emphasis below is mine.) None of the meanings that I know seem to fit the sentence. If "proscribed" is not the right word, what is the sentence trying to say? Does it mean that the authority records can be overridden by control sets?

http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/release/RELEASE_NOTES_2_2_0.html

2.6. Cataloging

2.6.1. Authority Control Sets

The tags and subfields that display in authority records in Evergreen are proscribed by control sets. The Library of Congress control set is the default control set in all versions of Evergreen. However, in Evergreen release 2.2, you can create customized control sets for authority records, and you can define thesauri and authority fields for these control sets.

Jim

Jim Keenan
Access Services Supervisor
jkeenan at cwmars.org
508-755-3323 x23

C/W MARS
67 Millbrook St., Suite 201
Worcester, MA 01606

   Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.