[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] proposal: update "Statistical Categories Editor" document

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Mon Mar 26 10:03:15 EDT 2012

Hi Scott,

Creating a branch and having us merge your changes as you have described is definitely a good way to go.

One note on our documentation. As of version 2.2 we have changed to asciidoc (http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/manpage.html)  as the official documentation format base. If you are writing docs specific to version 2.2 or later, you might want to write your documentation in ascidoc format.
You will notice that the master branch of our documentation is all in ascidoc when you clone our repo, so you might want to write the documentation in asciidoc if possible. We will accept docBook format if that is your preference and that is still the official format of for documentation contributions for 2.1 and earlier as you have seen in the branches.

I am not sure about whom to collaborate with for updating content. SITKA was the original source for the documentation for that chapter and they have since updated their documentation, so they might be a good starting point. Perhaps, those more familiar with the content of this chapter can provide more guidance?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian