[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] PDF icon: licensing concern & fix

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Mon May 7 19:20:59 EDT 2012

On May 7, 2012, at 6:42 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich wrote:

> Got it.  This is where it's at: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/
> .  There is licensing information, and various icons of various
> sizes.  The PDF icon is titled application-pdf.png and is in a
> "mimetypes" folder for a given size.
>
> Alexey Lazar
> PALS
> Information System Developer and Integrator
> 507-389-2907
> http://www.mnpals.org/
>
> On May 7, 2012, at 16:15 , Yamil Suarez wrote:

Cool, this is getting us closer, though the copying license attached
to the icons in that collection seems to be only "GNU Lesser General
Public License v. 3 (LGPL)". This could be an issue since our
documentation is CC-BY-SA and not LGPL, but I know there are some
similarities between the two.

Here is the license listed for set of icons Alexey sent in:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/COPYING?view=markup

I am just trying to play it safe, and would welcome the input from
others more familiar with these type of licensing issues.

Yamil