[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Hello from a newbie

Lindsay Stratton lstratton at pls-net.org
Fri May 11 09:36:25 EDT 2012

While PLS has disbanded out formal rotating collections, our individual libraries still do a similar thing, which we refer to as "bulk loans." The process would be the same.

I haven't looked at the functionality in newer versions, but in 1.6 (our current live version) PLS is handling this by changing Circulation Library and using copy buckets to manage bulk updates.

I've attached a PDF of our procedures , original doc maintained here: http://plum.pls-net.org/twiki/bin/view/Evergreen/BulkLoanProcedures

Lindsay Stratton
Training Coordinator
Pioneer Library System