[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Should we try a DIG "hack-a-way" aka "documentation sprint" in October?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue Sep 4 23:25:47 EDT 2012

Hello,

At the last DIG meeting[1] we talked about imitating the planned developer "hack-a-way" that is happening in October, but focused on improving EG official docs. One off-the-cuff idea was to host it in Massachusetts, since several DIG members, including myself, are based here. I am sending this out to DIG only to start generating ideas, and hopefully we could turn this into a yearly event.

For example, at the very least I may be able to fit around six people in my library's conference room in Boston. The conference room has very good connectivity and basic Skype capabilities in case we want to have others join us from afar. Possible objectives could be to have access to one or several test EG servers to figure out what older existing documentation still works for newer EG versions.

Let me know what you all think,
Yamil

[1]  Meetbot created minutes of the last meeting:
http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2012/evergreen.2012-08-02-14.01.html