[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] 2.4 documentation needs

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Apr 2 11:19:37 EDT 2013

Hi all!

Evergreen 2.4 beta has been out for a couple of weeks and brings with it
some nice new features that need documentation. I took some time to go
through the release notes and identify new features that would benefit
from some documentation. I've identified those documentation needs at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:2.4_needs.

The new features that came through Equinox development already have
documentation on its way - thank you ESI!

We need volunteers to document several other features that came from
other developers. Some may just require a couple of sentences to be
added to existing docs while others might require a chapter on their
own. In many cases, I identified places in the documentation where I
thought the feature could be incorporated. Some of these new features
offer a great opportunity for those who are new to DIG to provide a
contribution. If you would like to volunteer, please add your name to
the wiki in blue so that we don't have people duplicating efforts. If
you don't have a wiki account, you can get one by sending an e-mail to
docs at evergreen-ils.org.

Although DIG uses AsciiDoc as the format for documentation, you can
contribute your documentation in any format, such as Word or Open Office.

I also have a question for the larger group regarding the Evergreen in
Action manual. I identified a couple of new features that should make it
into the manual if we decide to offer a 2.4 version of the manual. It
doesn't look like it will take a lot of work - there were a couple of
OPAC features, something for Vandelay, and possibly a couple of
acquisitions features. Is there any interest in keeping this manual up
to date for 2.4? If so, I'll be happy to update the sections for
acquisitions and Vandelay; we would then just need a volunteer to handle
the two OPAC features.

Robert, ESI already has documentation for the link checker that is
available in 2.4 -
http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/docs/asciidoc/2.4_Link_Checker_doc/2.4_Link_Checker.txt.
I also noticed that the documentation for hiding fields in the copy
editor (2.2) did not appear to make it into the official docs. Would you
be willing to add those?

Thanks!
Kathy

--