[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] 2.4 documentation needs

Angela Kilsdonk akilsdonk at esilibrary.com
Tue Apr 2 15:54:39 EDT 2013

Hi Robert,

I would be happy to add the accompanying documentation for development done
by Equinox directly to the repository.  If this is a workflow that DIG
would like to adapt for the 2.4 documentation, just let me know.

Thanks!
Angela

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Soulliere, Robert <
robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:

> Hi Kathy,
>
> I can update those.
>
> Long term, I wonder if it would be possible to make the documentation
> work-flow more efficient for adding new feature documentation to the
> official documentation?
>
> If new features are added to the code base (the official Evergreen
> repository) by a particular group, organization or company, would it be
> possible to have the group add the accompanying documentation (if they are
> already producing documentation in asciidoc format) directly into the
> official documentation since it goes into the same official Evergreen
> repository as the code and follows similar steps to contributing the code?
> By having the authors/owners of the documentation directly add to the
> repository, it will also allow updating to be more timely since the
> original authors will be more intimately linked to the info in the official
> docs and will not have to nudge or remind others to update the repository
> docs to keep up to the same docs stored in other places.
>
> I know that in some cases there are technical challenges which might block
> direct access to the repository for authors and in some cases where we will
> need to convert from other formats for the authors, but I just wonder of it
> would be possible to develop a work-flow to promote more direct access to
> the repository? Or, is that too dangerous?
>
> The "hiding fields in the copy editor" documentation  is an example of how
> things can slip through the cracks with the current system since the
> availability of that documentation was unknown or forgotten.
>
> Regards,
> Robert
>

> Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
> Digital Systems Librarian
> Mohawk College Library
> robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
> Telephone: 905 575 1212 x3936
> Fax: 905 575 2011

Angela Kilsdonk
Education Manager
Equinox Software Inc. / The Open Source Experts
Phone: 770-709-5592 | 1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) x5592