[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Ideas to get more DIG participation?

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Tue Aug 6 12:41:15 EDT 2013

Thank you Yamil and others.

On 2013-08-06, at 10:21 , Yamil Suarez <ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:

> B)  We talked about updating the DIG wiki pages to be more inviting and simple, and removing outdated information

+1. I am not sure what exactly is going on with the community website, but perhaps after this page is reviewed it should become an "official" community page with a person + one backup to be the content curators responsible for making sure that page is up-to-date.

> C) We talked about creating "bite size" tasks for new DIG members to be able to act on when they join, or for members that do not yet have the more advanced technical skill like knowing AsciiDoc. (Using Launchpad for DIG is the approach that is being considered to help keep track of tasks big and small.)

Using Launchpad could be better than nothing, but IMO a tool that has even some basic project management features like timeline/deadline tracking, task assignments, Gantt, calendar, RSS output, etc., could help clarify what work needs to be done and reduce barriers for participation. I suggest a more careful evaluation of tools available before such a commitment is made.

Aleksey Lazar
IS Developer and Integrator - PALS
http://www.mnpals.org/