[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Ideas to get more DIG participation?

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Mon Aug 12 13:51:08 EDT 2013

Hi Alexey,

>> C) We talked about creating "bite size" tasks for new DIG members to be able to act on when they join, or for members that do not yet have the more advanced technical skill like knowing AsciiDoc. (Using Launchpad for DIG is the approach that is being considered to help keep track of tasks big and small.)
> Using Launchpad could be better than nothing, but IMO a tool that has even some basic project management features like timeline/deadline tracking, task assignments, Gantt, calendar, RSS output, etc., could help clarify what work needs to be done and reduce barriers for participation. I suggest a more careful evaluation of tools available before such a commitment is made.

I personally am partial to Launchpad since it gets everyone working in
the same place. I'm not quite sure what the barriers of participation
are, but it might also get more people comfortable submitting reports in
Launchpad, which then might lead to more people submitting bugs for code.

However, I agree that this would be the best time to evaluate other
tools if we think they might work better. Do you have some tools you
would recommend with some pros and cons for using them in favor of
Launchpad?

Kathy