[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] PostgreSQL PPA for Debian/Ubuntu

Elliot Voris evoris at slcconline.edu
Wed Mar 20 12:45:30 EDT 2013

Hey, All

This is my first post to the documentation list. Other than using the software, this is probably the area that I could contribute to the most :)

I noticed something yesterday. All of the README installation guides for 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4beta point to this PPA to install Postgres: ppa:pitti/postgresql. This PPA is going to be deprecated sometime during Ubuntu 12.04's lifetime. The page says to consider moving to apt.postgresql.org. What is the process for changing the documentation to reflect this? Is there any worth to updating the EOL Evergreen releases (<= 2.1), as well?

Thanks!

Elliot J. Voris
IT Director
St. Louis Christian College