[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Last call for picking a DIG hack-a-way date

Ruth Frasur rfrasur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 16:15:41 EDT 2013

The polling for a date for the Evergreen DIG Hack-away has closed.  It will
be held on Friday, November 15 in the Boston area.  Stay tuned for more
information about the Hack-away as well as preliminary AsciiDoc trainings.
Thanks to everyone who responded to the poll.  If you did NOT, but are
interested in participating with the Hack-away or considering
participation, please note that you are still welcome.  You just don't get
to help choose the date anymore ;-).

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Yamil Suarez <ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We want to finalize the date of the DIG hack-a-way this November, so
> before we close voting please participate in the "Doodle Poll." Once we
> have chosen a date for the DIG hack-a-way we can collectively also pick a
> date to offer some online AsciiDoc training sometime before the DIG
> hack-a-way (a week or so?), so we can hit the ground running.
>
> Here is the link to the Doodle poll…
>
> http://doodle.com/978c4bsrybz3wzbs
>
> Also, below is a copy of my original email announcing the plans for the
> DIG hack-a-way with some draft ideas for the DIG hack-a-way.
>

> Thanks,
> Yamil
>

> -------------------------
>
> Hello,
>
> This is a second attempt to start a discussion for to planning for a full
> day DIG hack-a-way in what is left of 2013. The topic has come up a couple
> times at the DIG monthly meetings, so I hope to get the conversions going
> sooner than later. As a point of reference, last year the DIG hack-a-way
> was held at Berklee College of Music in Boston on October5th, 2012.
>

> I just want to start throwing out some ideas of mine or from recent DIG
> monthly meetings to get the conversation started…
>

> - We do not need to repeat the date or the location from last year. For
> example, I can foresee a cluster in Massachusetts.
>
> -  We can meet in separate clusters, in different geographic parts
>
> - We can try using Google Hangouts for communication, as well as
> technologies like Google Drive and/or Dropbox to share files in near
> real-time.
>
> - We can spend time in the morning just introducing people on how to use
> our documentation formatting standard (AsciiDoc), so newcomers would be
> welcome.
>
> - We can try to pre-arrange to have a test server running the latest
> version of EG with the Concerto test data set, to use as a reference for
> writing documentation.
>

> Some ideas of what we can work on during the hack-a-way…
>

> - Convert and update old documentation into AsciiDoc
>
> - Fix documentation bugs reported on Launchpad or mailing list
>
> - Create new documentation for new EG features or undocumented features

Ruth Frasur