[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Updated Status of 2.6 Documentation

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Jul 17 15:21:12 EDT 2014

Erica,

I want to help push your docs into master. I just did a test on the
physical_char_wiz branch with git cherry-pick[1] with the "-n" flag so
that I could remove the Thumbs.db before re-committing, and it worked
fine. I did not push it yet, because I would like to ask you something
first.

In all your edits you did not specify where you would like the new
documentation to show up in the docs. To do this we normally make
edits to the docs/root.txt file.

You would need to add a line like the following to the root.txt file
to make your files show up within the official docs....

include::admin/name_of_your_file.txt[]

Note, that there needs to be two empty straight brackets "[]" at the
end of the file name. Also, the "admin" refers to the name of a folder
that we might choose to use to store your new files. Some of ther
options for folders are "cataloging", "circulation", etc.

Here is a direct link to how that file looks in master right now...

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=docs/root.txt;h=254abccaae0bb7f7e6bee65339a71377f5212756;hb=HEAD

You will see that depending on which line you use to place the new
files, it will decide on what chapter/section the new content will
appear in the final docs.

I can create those root.txt edits by myself with your guidance of
where you want the docs to show up, or you can make the edits yourself
(with my help).

Let me know,
Yamil

Yamil Suarez, MCS