[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Which Git branche/tag are used for creating the latest 2.5.x version of docs

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Fri Mar 28 13:20:34 EDT 2014

Hi Yamil,

I've always checked out a branch without the sub release and that should be the branch to check out in order for changes to be committed to the 2.5 docs. E.g rel_2_5.

I thought the "origin/tags/" branches was used for tagging release points and not for updating code or docs.

The documentation processing has always been set up to use the repositories without the sub release numbers:

rel_2_5 for the 2.5 docs
rel_2_4 for the 2.4 docs
rel_2_3 for the 2.3 docs
etc...
and master is used to process the "dev" docs found here:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/dev/

When adding new feature docs I usually start with master and cherry-pick the changes to other versions as required.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Digital Systems Librarian