[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DIG needs a plan for updating documentation for new "browser staff client"

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue May 6 16:57:30 EDT 2014

Hello,

I wanted to bring up a topic we did not get to at last week's DIG
monthly meeting. DIG needs to at some point come up with a plan to
update the official documentation so it covers the new browser staff
client[1] that ESI is building right now. For this development project
the sponsors of the development and ESI collectively decided not to
provide documentation to go along with the development.

One key reason that I was told for not planning on creating updated
documentation was that the the plan is to recreate the original staff
client user interfaces as much as possible, so that it will mostly
require just updated screen shots to update the documentation.

At this point I am not sure when the browser staff client will be
ready for production, but right now the user interfaces are still
being designed or incomplete. Therefore it would be too early to start
trying to take screenshots and update the documentation. I just wanted
to put this topic on DIG's radar.

Thanks,
Yamil

[1] http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:browser_staff:dev_notes