[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] zip code - zips.txt - pre-populate - Documentation

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Sep 3 11:18:19 EDT 2014

Hi Josh,

I think a good rule of thumb is to only backport documentation as far
back as we support releases. Currently, the community only supports the
2.5 and 2.6 releases, so I would only backport to 2.5 if the feature was
available at that time. The release notes is probably the best place to
look to see if it was something newly added to Evergreen.

I know that zip.txt features goes way back, so it should be no problem
backporting to 2.5. When you send out a message saying that the
documentation is available, maybe you can mention how far it should be
backported. It looks like you can find that blog post in the Internet
archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110417152404/http://dmagick.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/notes-on-installing-zipcode-information/

Thanks for all of your work filling in some of our doc gaps!

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
(508) 343-0128