[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Schema Documentation

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Fri Apr 8 09:52:36 EDT 2016

Hello, does anyone have docs on how the schema documentation is generated.  I'm curious about two things.
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.8/schema/

Why are the REFERENCES lines the way they are.  For example in the asset.copy docs - status shows up as
status integer NOT NULL REFERENCES config.table.copy-status

Why is ".table" added and why are underscores changed to dashes.  The actual table is "config.copy_status" not "config.table.copy-status".  This adds extra work if you want to copy and paste the table into a join statement for example.

Second question: would SQL COMMENTS on each field and table be able to be shown in the schema docs.  I've worked on adding comments long ago to the schema (http://markmail.org/message/ooiea4nyclnul3cs) and it would be great if those comments could be displayed if I ever start that project back up again.

Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110