[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] How do you make a2x PDF output stylish?

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Dec 1 15:38:44 EST 2016

Hi Jane,

As Yamil explains it is a multistep process using xsltproc and fop to get the PDF output. The current documentation does not use a2x for the PDF content.
There is an old repository of stylesheets here:

https://github.com/rsoulliere/Evergreen_Documentation_Tools/tree/master/stylesheets/evergreen_docbook_files

There is some old but good documentation on customizing the output of the documentation:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomizingPart.html

One key tool you will need to install is FOP as explained in this chapter:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/InstallingAnFO.html

n  Not sure if this is still useful since it has been a long time since I have installed it on a server.

Regards,
Robert