[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Is anybody using Evergreen with CAS Single Sign-On?

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Fri Dec 2 14:16:44 EST 2016

Hi Jane,

We use LDAP to authenticate using single sign on at our college.

You will need to set up the authentication proxy configuration in you Evergreen config file. This is discussed in the docs:

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.11/_authentication_proxy.html

Notes:

1) The Evergreen username field will need to match the username field used to login in the LDAP database. In our case, we updated usernames in our Evergreen database to use email addresses as used for logging in via single sign on at our college.

2)  We have two authenticators in our configuration since students and staff are in separate LPAD databases. You can have more than one authenticator set up in the list of authenticators. We also keep the native Evergreen database as a fallback and for local EG accounts in our Evergreen system but not in the college system.

3) You will need to work with your IT department to get all the correct details for connecting to the Authentication database. That might be the trickiest part.

Regards,
Robert