[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Need to find a replacement for DIG meeting facilitator

Rogan Hamby rhamby at esilibrary.com
Mon Sep 26 10:17:36 EDT 2016

HI Yamil,

I'm sorry you're needing to take a step back from DIG but obviously your
library has a lot of needs and you only have so much time.  I just wanted
to take a second though to say thank you for all the time you've put into
DIG over the years.  I don't think the documentation would be nearly as
good as it is without your time and effort.  I think that documentation
doesn't always get the appreciation it probably deserves as a critical
complement to development.  Anyway, I appreciate the effort you've put in
and glad you'll still be around to help out some.  Losing your experience
in the community completely would be a real loss.

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Yamil Suarez <ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Regretfully we need to find a new DIG meeting facilitator, since at my job
> I have been asked to shift to working more with two other open source
> communities (Fedora & Islandora). Though I am still using EG and still want
> to contribute to EG when I can.
>
> Added to this work shift, for the last few months I have an important
> weekly meeting on Thursdays at 2 PM, which conflicts with the usual DIG
> meeting time. This also made me think that it was time for someone else to
> run the meetings.
>
> Let's use this thread to start discussing a transition, or if you prefer
> email me directly. Of course count on me if you want to learn about
> facilitating meetings, even if you are not ready to take over this time you
> can start learning a few new things for the future.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Yamil
>

> --------------------------------
>
> Yamil Suarez, MCS
> Library Systems Manager
>
> Stan Getz Library
> Berklee College of Music
> 1140 Boylston St
> Boston, MA 02215
>
> ysuarez at berklee.edu
> 617-747-2617

Rogan R. Hamby, Data and Project Analyst
Equinox - Open Your Library
rogan at esilibrary.com
1-877-OPEN-ILS | www.esilibrary.com