[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] How does the new, reorganized documentation look?

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Fri Oct 6 09:57:16 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Jane Sandberg <sandbej at linnbenton.edu> wrote:
> 1) What role the big, classic manuals should play on this page, and

>From the peanut gallery, I think they should continue to exist for the
sake of not breaking links, but I could see de-emphasizing their
presentation. More on that thought below.

> 2) What terminology we want to use for the re-organized manuals.
> Currently, they are listed as "Mini Books".

"Mini Books" doesn't tell me much -- I suggest maybe just calling them
"Manuals" or "Topic-specific Manuals" or the like? The classic
consolidated manuals could then end up at the bottom of the list,
e.g., something like this:

Evergreen 3.0 - Manuals

* Acquisitions (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
* Cataloging (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
* Circulation (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
* Command line admin (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
* Integrating with other tools (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
* OPAC (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
* Serials (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
* Staff client admin (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
* Consolidated manual (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)

On a completely different note, I noticed just now that the
consolidated manuals for 3.0 and master are still incorporating the
2.12 release notes, not the 3.0 ones.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager