[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] How does the new, reorganized documentation look?

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Fri Oct 6 10:16:05 EDT 2017

Thanks, Galen.  Next time the consolidated manuals for 3.0 and master
rebuild, they should include the 3.0 release notes; thanks for
reporting that.

I should have added the question earlier, but should we include the
documentation for master on the main documentation page?  It seems
like something only a few people (mainly DIG members and developers)
would be interested in.

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Galen Charlton
<gmc at equinoxinitiative.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Jane Sandberg <sandbej at linnbenton.edu> wrote:
>> 1) What role the big, classic manuals should play on this page, and
>
> From the peanut gallery, I think they should continue to exist for the
> sake of not breaking links, but I could see de-emphasizing their
> presentation. More on that thought below.
>
>> 2) What terminology we want to use for the re-organized manuals.
>> Currently, they are listed as "Mini Books".
>
> "Mini Books" doesn't tell me much -- I suggest maybe just calling them
> "Manuals" or "Topic-specific Manuals" or the like? The classic
> consolidated manuals could then end up at the bottom of the list,
> e.g., something like this:
>
> Evergreen 3.0 - Manuals
>
> * Acquisitions (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
> * Cataloging (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
> * Circulation (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
> * Command line admin (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
> * Integrating with other tools (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
> * OPAC (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
> * Serials (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
> * Staff client admin (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
> * Consolidated manual (HTML) (PDF) (ePub)
>
> On a completely different note, I noticed just now that the
> consolidated manuals for 3.0 and master are still incorporating the
> 2.12 release notes, not the 3.0 ones.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton
> Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
> Equinox Open Library Initiative
> phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
> email:  gmc at equinoxInitiative.org
> web:  https://equinoxInitiative.org
> direct: +1 770-709-5581
> cell:   +1 404-984-4366

Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian
Linn-Benton Community College
sandbej at linnbenton.edu / 541-917-4655
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them/theirs