[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Check out failed

Karen Douglas kdouglas at athenslibrary.org
Wed Jul 12 14:01:31 EDT 2006

Hello Don,

Actually Bill Erickson kindly answered my questions on the PINES-DEV
(PINES Development Discussion Group). I have copied his answer for you or
others to review on the OPEN-ILS-GENERAL list as well.

When I changed the hostname (per Bill's suggestion) to "dev.gapines.org"
and tried my test again, everything worked fine.  I'm now working once
again with the hostname "demo.gapines.org," with the same results as
before.

I can provide you with the information you requested.

-> Item number(s)barcode for item #33207003454701
-> Patron number(s)-fictitious patron I created (Sandy L. Cooper, Pines
Card #756611220)
-> Your branch (IE: the branch which your workstation is registered at)-
Athens-Clarke County Library (ARL-ATH)
-> The username you are logged into Evergreen as. ARL-ATH-Karen

I hope this helps.  Please see the following reply from Bill Erickson.

-Karen Douglas

(from Bill Erickson)

For future reference, if a copy is in the 'Reshelving' status, it can
still be checked out.

Next, I doubled checked the copy status once again, and it stated,
"Available."  Then, I selected a different patron, and attempted to check
out that same item.  I received the following message.

Check Out Failed.
CONFIG_RULES_CIRC_DURATION_NOT_FOUND
The requested config_rules_circ_duration was not found

Did I do something wrong?  This may have already been answered in a

This is an issue with the circ matrix.  This code is currently being
updated to reflect PINES policy more closely on the development servers.
Once we finish first-round testing for this new code, the demo servers
will be updated to reflect this.   The issue you are seeing should be
resolved after this update.  If not,  we'll take care of it.

In fact, feel free to point your staff client at dev.gapines.org and let
us know how your test works there.

For clarification:
By this I mean put "dev.gapines.org" in the  'Hostname' section of the
staff client login screen.

Also, is there any way to review or search all the postings?  I joined
this group only a couple weeks ago.

Archives can be found at:
http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/

Bill Erickson