[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] VmWare Images

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:22:15 EDT 2007

Hi Paul:

I've been working on a Gentoo VMWare image using the CVS HEAD version
of Evergreen. I'm at the point where I just need to load a few bib
records into the system and it will be pretty much ready to distribute
(although I'll need to prepare a little README with the system
passwords, etc). At my current slothlike pace, this probably means
another couple of weeks.

I think there's room for more VMWare images. From your signature
quote, I'm guessing that you would be heading in the direction of
Ubuntu? Have you successfully compiled & run Evergreen yet? Refining
the documentation in the server installation part of the wiki is a
critical step in creating a VMWare image that will also be helpful to
the project as a whole.

Dan