academic libraries Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 226 subscribers

David J. Fiander djfiander at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 9 09:23:25 EDT 2007

Short story collection, and collections of essays (think Stephen J. Gould),
are usually single items, although many libraries are now adding tables of
contents to the bib records to help expose this sort of content via keyword
searches at least.

Users would normally be expected to use some sort of external database to
find a short story within a collection.  Things like Granger's Poetry Index
and "Essay and General Literature Index" would point to individual collections.

- David

--
David J. Fiander
Digital Services Librarian