[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Intro & migration question

Lynne Welch welchly at oplin.org
Tue Apr 10 12:09:53 EDT 2007

Hello all,
    I have been interested in the concept of open-source ILS for some
time, but I don't have a formal background in technology. I work in a
very small (6.5 FTE) public library and so to date it just hasn't been
possible for us to go it alone and develop or refine a system. Now,
however, several other libraries in the state would appear to be
interested in banding together to form a consortium of sorts and to
investigate whether Evergreen might be a solution to the various woes we
are experiencing with our ILS. (Our initial meeting will be in 2 weeks,
so I have no details other than what I've gleaned from the invitation to
attend.)
    Have any of you migrated from TLC's Library.Solution to Evergreen?
If you have any thoughts you would be willing to share on the process
and a comparison of the features I'd like to hear them.
                Best regards,
                   Lynne
Lynne Welch
Herrick Memorial Library