[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] New Developer

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:30:08 EDT 2007

On 4/26/07, Wilkening, Chris <Chris.Wilkening at brodart.com> wrote:
> Hello, everyone! My name is Christopher Wilkening and I have joined the
> Open-Ils Development group. I come to the project with nearly a decade of
> web development and have been expanding my programming experience to include
> Java and other application languages.

Hi Chris.  Welcome to the community!  I know you've been talking with
Jason and we're excited to have Brodart's interest in supporting
Evergreen

> Currently I am a Web/Application Developer at Brodart Co. in Williamsport,
> PA. We are one of the larger library service companies around. I am excited
> about this opportunity to become involved in the furthering of the
> open-source community and look forward to applying my skills and experience
> to the Evergreen software project! I am not yet sure where I am going to
> begin but it should be a lot of fun!

I think the first step to getting heavily involved will be to
understand the current conventions of this community and learn how we
work.  There's a "how to contribute" primer up at
http://open-ils.org/documentation/contributing.html which describes
the general path to code contribution.

After that, find an itch to scratch (yours or your employers) and
start asking questions.  We'll be happy to help.

--
Mike Rylander