[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] open source

lan ye lye at mail.slcl.org
Wed Jul 11 13:18:46 EDT 2007

Hi,

We've been researching the Evergreen Open Source Library system, and would
like to have a list of hardware requirements for the installation of a small
test server. To keep things within a small budget, I would like to just use
an ordinary PC. Could you send some information to us?

It looks like Evergreen has been successfully installed on two Linux
systems: Gentoo and Ubuntu. Which one is the best for us to test using
what's already in place at other libraries? Are there any differences /
Advantages in functionality between Gentoo and Ubuntu?

Lan Ye

System Administration

St. Louis County Library

1640 South Lindbergh Blvd