[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 226 subscribers

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Thu Mar 22 20:54:19 EDT 2007

I am a public library director who moved up from the system administration ranks and decided to keep the system administration as part of my duties.  A few months ago, I became very interested in the possibilities that open source ILSs offer libraries to have databases customized to our needs instead of setting our needs aside because the software does not do what we want.  And then our vendor dropped a little bombshell last week about stopping development of our current software.  Do I really want to sign with another big vendor, just to have the same thing happen with them in 5-10 years?  Not really.

The articles I have read about Evergreen are very intriguing.  I am here to lurk about and hear what others have to say, ask questions and make a decision about whether or not this could be right for us.

Deanna