[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 226 subscribers

Greg Barniskis gregb at scls.lib.wi.us
Fri Mar 23 09:31:05 EDT 2007

LaJeunesse, Brad wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> ...why are we all here? ...

Count me among the former "Future Operators of Horizon Brand
Architecture" (FOOHBAR) who have recently subscribed to be better
informed about options. We have plenty of other active projects in
the works, so no serious Evergreen testing will likely occur in the
near future. I will mainly just be lurking here for awhile.

But you can also count me among the growing number of FreeBSD
devotees in the audience, interested in testing portability. I'll be
poking at an Evergreen test server in my home lab on rainy nights
and weekends (because I have a kind of sickness that translates this
sort of thing to "super fun" ;).

My only pertinent question is for any other FreeBSD fans who've gone
before me... for the required supporting components (Apache,
Postgresql, etc.) that already exist in the ports tree, is "make
install" sufficient or do I need to be careful to select
configuration elements that aren't in the default build options?

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348