FreeBSD (was Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 226 subscribers)

Greg Barniskis gregb at scls.lib.wi.us
Fri Mar 23 10:53:20 EDT 2007

Jason Stephenson wrote:
> Greg Barniskis wrote:
>
>> My only pertinent question is for any other FreeBSD fans who've gone
>> before me...

> Most of the pre-requisites are in ports. A few of the perl modules are
> not, but can be installed via CPAN.

No problem there, I used that method for a long time before the
ports system matured.

> There is this document that I've been using as a guide:
>
> http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation

That's what I started working from as well, but it seemed that many
of the "--enable-this" and "--enable-that" flags cited were in fact
the build defaults of the ports in question.

I didn't get very far though, as I decided to table experiments
until I could set up a fresh VMware environment for it and install
FBSD 6.2-R. That way I can be better prepared to do clean rollbacks
in case of pilot error. Sounds like you'll have found any exceptions
before I get a chance to make much more progress. Thanks!

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348