[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] VMWare image of Evergreen on Gentoo error after changing network type

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:21:41 EDT 2007

I think this error occurs because the change to a different ethernet
interface caused a change in the hostname, therefore the configuration
file is set up for "evergreen" but the hostname is now something like
"localhost".

Here's the relevant code from OpenSRF/Sytem.pm (plus my comments as "#
dbs -") that sets up the error:

	if( (my $cfile = $bsconfig->bootstrap->settings_config) ) {
		my $parser = OpenSRF::Utils::SettingsParser->new();

		# since we're (probably) the settings server, we can go ahead and
load the real config file
		$parser->initialize( $cfile );
		$OpenSRF::Utils::SettingsClient::host_config =
			$parser->get_server_config($bsconfig->env->hostname);
# dbs - We just read in the C config file (typically /openils/conf/opensrf.xml)
# dbs - and parsed the section based on our hostname - if the hostname
doesn't match
# dbs - anything defined in /openils/conf/opensrf.xml, then we're
going to get some
# dbs - interesting results back.

Dan

--