[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] VMWare image of Evergreen on Gentoo error after changing network type

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed May 2 16:49:01 EDT 2007

Hi David:

The canonical way to find out what OpenSRF thinks is the fully
qualified hostname of your machine is to call the same Perl function
that OpenSRF uses internally. Run the following command at the command
line:

perl -MNet::Domain=hostfqdn -e "print hostfqdn();"

The result of this command is what you must replace the <evergreen>
element within the <hosts> element in /openils/conf/opensrf.xml.

On Gentoo, the hostname is specified in /etc/conf.d/hostname and
optionally in the DHCP options in /etc/conf.d/net.

BTW, just out of interest -- why is it that people are switching from
NAT to bridged networking with VMWare? Are you setting up a demo
server for people to connect to from other machines?

Dan

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University