[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Suggested Server Specs

Karen Collier kcollier at kent.lib.md.us
Mon May 7 11:52:13 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone here can offer some advice on server specs.  I work for a small public library, and we're trying to set up a test server ourselves that could later become the actual production server for Open-ILS.  We don't want to sink unnecessary money into the server, but we also don't want it to be ridiculously slow and unable to handle the load.

We have a little over 50,000 unique titles, with duplicates bringing us to around 60,000 items.  We have between 10 and 11 thousand patrons, from a population of 19,000.  We have 3 branches (one main and two satellite).

Any suggestions on number of servers, memory, hard drive space, and whatever other specs matter would be appreciated.  If the answer is different for minimum or recommended, I'd like to hear both numbers and compare.

Thank you,
Karen Collier
Public Services Librarian
Kent County Public Library