[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen and PHP website

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 00:18:43 EST 2007

On 28/11/2007, Denis Boudreau
<denis.boudreau at bibliothequevirtuelleacadienne.org> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> [Sorry for the second posting.  The second one was sent true my workplace
> email which is not what I wented to do]
>
> I trying to put together a collection of Opensource ILS and CMS into a
> vmware image for the purpose of creating a ''library open source survival
> package'' to distribute for demonstration purpose.  I started by
> downloading the Evergreen 1.0.6.3 on Ubuntu v0.2 vmware image contributed
> by the Hekman Library, Calvin College and installing Koha 2.29.  After
> some hairpulling and poking arround with the ports numbers, I was able to
> get Evergreen and Koha to work both.  I would also like to install another
> ILS called PMB (a french open source projet : www.sigb.net) that use PHP
> and MySQL.   I installed PHP5 and MySQL was already installed when I setup
> Koha earlier.  Howerver, I can't get any php website to work properly. I
> even tried creating a virtual server point to the /var/www/ folder and
> based on port 90 (http://localhost:90/).  Is there any imcompatility
> between the Evergreen setup and PHP being served by Apache.

Bonjour Denis! It sounds like an interesting project that you're working on!

I'm going to assume that you're running into segfaults, as you haven't
given us much information as to the symptoms you're seeing (log files,
error messages, etc) wih the PHP sites. If you're running mod_php and
mod_perl, both with MySQL support, then it's quite possible that
you're running into a symbol conflict between the MySQL client
libraries being loaded twice into a single Apache process. This was a
known problem a few years back.

If you can run PHP as a CGI process instead of as mod_php, then you
might have more luck avoiding segfaults as the symbols will be loaded
into separate processes.

If you're not running into segfaults, and it's purely a problem
getting PHP configured, then you might have more luck asking for help
on a PHP mailing list.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University