[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question on Staff client - Managing authorities

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:32:18 EDT 2007

On 10/3/07, Roberge, Pierre <roberge.pierre at uqam.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently exploring the Evergreen staff client possibilities.
>
> Could anyone explain to me how authority records can be managed (created,
> edited, deleted, etc.) using the cataloguing interface?

Currently there is no interface within the staff client for managing
authority records.  It's on the roadmap for 2.0, which we expect to
release in the spring of 2008, and we are in the early design stages.

I have been working with Dan Scott on some ideas, and we really want
this to be extremely flexible and capable.  We would appreciate any
input you could give on the right way to handle issues like multiply
thesauri, as that is something that I haven't personally had occasion
to tackle.

The design discussion will take place on the open-ils-dev list, so if
you are not on that list I would encourage you (or anyone interested
in helping with the authority interface) to join and jump in.

Thanks for the interest, Pierre!

--
Mike Rylander