[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation of Evergreen on Ubuntu 7.04

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 21:36:59 EDT 2007

On 03/09/07, Roberge, Pierre <roberge.pierre at uqam.ca> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to install Evergreen on a PC runnning Ubuntu 7.04, following the
> indications given on the Open-ILS Wiki. Everything was going OK from the
> beginning but now, I'm stuck trying registering users into ejabberd (#22 on
> the checklist). I have the following message:

Hi Pierre:

I can't help you with Ubuntu, specifically, because Gentoo doesn't
provide ejabberdctl.

Instead, I used the sample "register.pl" provided with OpenSRF source
as documented in the Gentoo installation howto:

Register OpenSRF users
 We have to register the users listed in opensrf_core.xml with our
Jabber server. OpenSRF includes a simple script to do this based on
Net::Jabber. In our case, we will register two users, "osrf" and
"router", each of which uses the password "osrf":
$ cd OpenSRF/examples
$ perl register.pl localhost 5222 osrf osrf
$ perl register.pl localhost 5222 router osrf

Maybe this will provide you with more intelligible error messages, at least?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University