[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Winnebago Spectrum to Open-ILS - How?

Kevin Landers support at bezaleel.net
Mon Sep 24 18:09:20 EDT 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:35:20 -0400, "Dan Scott" <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/09/2007, Kevin Landers <support at bezaleel.net> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>>  I have several schools in South Carolina that are currently utilizing
>> Winnebago Spectrum for their library administration system. After
> performing
>> the latest 5.X update, I was informed that there would be no more
> updates to
>> Spectrum. As an option, I would like to offer them the opportunity to
> move
>> toward Open-ILS.
>>
>>  Has anyone ever attempted such a migration? Does anyone have any
> advice,
>> direction, etc?
>>
>>  I am planning to grab a copy of the latest data and install of Spectrum
> and
>> Open-ILS and attempt the migration. I just have no clue where to really
>> begin.
>>
>>  Thanks in advance,
>>  Kevin L.
>>

> Hi Kevin:
>
> Does Winnebago Spectrum support the export of MARC bibliographic
> records, holdings, and patron data in some format? That would be a
> very good place to begin. From there, you could start working towards
> importing that data into Evergreen (aka Open-ILS).
>
> --
> Dan Scott
> Laurentian University

Dan,

I have been able to export a list of all materials in MARC file order. It is exported in "USMARC/852 Holdings Data" format. The other option I am given is "1987 MicroLIF" format. I am assuming this information is the "holdings" data that you mentioned above. I am not sure that it includes bibliographic information as well.

I have also been able to export a list of all patrons in CSV format.

I can email you the data files directly if this would help.

Where do we go from here, oh wise one? :)

Thanks,
Kevin L.