[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Windows Staff Client for Gentoo VMWare?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 19:36:13 EDT 2007

On 25/09/2007, Jason Etheridge <phasefx at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Marc Bower <MBower at oshawalibrary.on.ca> wrote:
> > Error: File not found: lib/util/error.js
>
> Interesting.  Try the staff client from this link:
> http://open-ils.org/downloads/evergreen-setup-rel_1_2_0_rc4.exe
>
> It's a bit hidden on the download page, being tightly linked to a
> release candidate we're testing on demo.
>
> Also, could you modify the shortcut you use to start the staff client?
>  Right click on it and choose Properties from the context menu, and
> then in the Target field, append the text "-console" so that it
> follows application.ini
>
> That will open two windows when you start the client, the new one
> being a black console window with debug output.  If you get an error,
> could you copy/paste the contents from that window and email me
> directly with it (or here if you don't mind the possibility of leaking
> passwords, etc)?  The easy way to grab that output is to right-click
> on the title bar for the console window, then choose Edit -> Select
> All, and press enter.  That'll put it in your clipboard.

Hi Mark:

Thanks for bringing this up! I was just packaging up my -rc4+ version
of the Gentoo image, and your comments made me realize that I had not
created links that would work for the Windows clients. I fixed this in
the -rc4 image and am uploading that to open-ils.org right now.

To get this working on your -rc3 image, you need the
/openils/var/web/xul/HEAD symbolic link to point to
/root/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.0-rc3/Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/build/ - so
follow these steps:

cd /openils/var/web/xul/
rm HEAD
ln -sf /root/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.0-rc3/Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/build/ HEAD
ln -sf HEAD sc_v100_rc2
ln -sf HEAD rel_1_2_0_rc4

-- and that will get the Windows client working properly for you. I
just ran through these steps with a freshly unzipped -rc3 image and
the 1.2.0-rc4 Windows client to confirm that it worked. Note that the
staff client seems to do some caching, so you might need to restart it
once you've created these symbolic links.

I've added these links to the Gentoo RC4 image, and I'll add these
steps to the Gentoo instructions. Thanks for helping to improve the
Evergreen project with your problem report.

Give us a shout if you have any further problems getting the client
running, please! And enjoy your tour of Evergreen.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University